Sunday, December 1, 2013

, ,

Simple Guacamole Sandwiches - Student Recipe! ♥

Another week to go before I am due to sit for my GIT CA paper, another 2 final papers and also my GIT and RS OSCE.

STRESS LEVEL: ∞

Anyway, took a little break from studying today to make some sandwich for myself, and also the boyfie who has never tried guacamole before. Guacamole is originally a Mexican dish but has been adapted by many parts of the world now. When I told him what ingredients I'm going to put inside and also how I'm going to make the sandwich, he totally thinks he is not really going to like it. I am all set out to prove him wrong ☺



INGREDIENTS:

Wholemeal bread 
1 medium sized avocado
1 medium sized tomato
1 medium sized onion
Salt 
Pepper

STEP 1: CUT UP THE TOMATO AND ONION

When you choose your avocado, choose a darker color one if you are planning
to use it immediately. A darker one is softer and more ripe. If it is still a lighter
green, you can feel it is too hard and not ripe yet. You need to keep it for a few
more days to let it become more ripe before it is suitable to be used.

Dice the onion.

Dice the tomato.

Set aside in a bowl.

STEP 2: PREPARE THE AVOCADO

First, vertically slice the avocado into halves.
When you using the knife, you can feel a big lump in the center which is
hard to cut through. Just cut around that big lump and split the avocado.
Discard the seed in the center.

With a spoon, scrape around the sides of the avocado and dig out the
yellowish-green 'meat' of the avocado. It is fairly easy to put your spoon
through if the avocado is ripe and soft enough.

After scraping out both sides, use the spoon to cut it into smaller pieces.
Then, just SMASH IT. Until you get the texture like in the picture above.

STEP 3: MIX IT ALL UP!

Add in the diced tomato and onions. Add a few sprinkles of pepper and
approximately 1/4 tsp of salt.

Mix it all together and you just made your simple guacamole!

STEP 4: SERVE WITH BREAD

Okay, obviously, you can spread it on any kind of bread that you fancy.
For me, I only have the normal wholemeal bread loaf so I made sandwiches
with that. Guacamole sandwiches, done! ♥

I learnt this guacamole recipe from my aunt who lives in New Zealand. New Zealand is a land where you can pick up avocado's anywhere at the side of the street for free if it is in season! Goodness, and to think that I bought that little avocado for RM 5 here in Malaysia! Still, I really love guacamole so I think it is super worth it.

This is a real healthy afternoon snack even though guacamole has a slightly high level of monounsaturated fats. Just have it in moderate portions and it is really good and filling compared to the other junks we snack on everyday.

Oh by the way, I managed to impress my boyfie with this little snack too. He said it tasted okay! Yayy! :)

Do leave a comment to let me know if you like this recipe!
Happy cookin' ☺


Share:

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering what is the green colored thingy. U make me learn a new words today . guacamole. =) I saw some fish & chips served with some greeny thing in my hometown n I hav no idea bout it. Guess I find it nw.haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes they serve guacamole with fish and chips as a dip. Now you can make your own one at home to dip with your chips! It is super yummy :D

    ReplyDelete