Thursday, December 5, 2013

, ,

Dai You Bin Restaurant [大优宾点心]

Last Sunday, boyfie and I went out and headed to a new breakfast hunting spot in Sungai Petani. Yup, it is in a restaurant kind of shop rather than a normal kopitiam and it serves Dim Sum.

Before I continue on this post, I have got to clarify that certain pictures in this post are taken from Google while others which are watermarked are my own photos. I just didn't think of taking many pictures that day as there were many people and it was quite rush.

This is the exterior of the shop which you can see the moment you drive by.
It's time to find for a good parking by the time you see this shop from far.

and... this is the entrance. 

Now, moving on to our DIM SUM :D
Just to let you all know, this dim sum restaurant is totally self service from top to bottom. You've got to grab your own dim sum, refill the hot water by yourself, and even when you want to takeaway any dim sum, you'll have to bring the dim sum to another place so that the worker can 'da bao' for you. Oh wells!

This is the steam cart where you choose all your steamed dim sum and
carry them to your table by  yourself on a tray.
Oh, remember to bring the paper that they will provide you with, as
they will tick the dim sum that you've taken on that little long paper.
Now, THIS!
This is what we kinda sorta chose that day. It don't look much
but it was filling enough for 2 person that day. I think the leaf-
wrapped rice was about RM 4, while the rest of the dim sum are
around RM 3 - 3.50 per plate.

Each egg tart cost RM 1.50 ♥
This is my favourite dim sum from this restaurant.
All in all, I would say that I expected better quality dim sum from a specialized restaurant like this one. In my opinion, the dim sum here is not exactly cheap too but I guess I expected such a price range the moment I step into the restaurant. Well, no harm trying new things :)

Location of the shop:

1-13 Lebuh Intan, 
Sungai Petani, 
08000 Kedah 

Opening hours: Mostly for breakfast and brunch.

Breakfast hunting Spot #3, done!
Happy eatin' ☺
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment