Wednesday, November 6, 2013

, ,

Seng Huat Bak Kut Teh [盛发肉骨茶] The famous 'under the bridge' Klang Bak Kut Teh!

I've been idle for a few weeks now, since I've an upcoming exam this Friday (which is in less than 2 days)! I've just came back to campus yesterday... after a whole lot of drama, teehee. So, during the holidays, I did try to bake macarons but they failed terribly so I was really disappointed. Other than that, I had a lot of good delicious food while being home so I guess I am going to introduce them to you guys!

Today, I am going to tell you about this famous Klang Bak Kut Teh. This is the place where I'll have to go with my grandparents for breakfast on every Saturday morning when I'm home because my grandfather have been loyally visiting this restaurant for 30 over years, according to him of course. If you're Malaysian, you'll find many shops selling Bak Kut Teh claiming that they are a branch from 'under the Klang bridge'. Well, this is to show how famous this original shop is, and how people like my grandfather keep going back to the same shop for over 30 years. Even I wasn't born yet!


The pork meat comes in small little bowls like this, more traditional way
compared to the claypot Bak Kut Teh. They have 油条 too!

You can buy tea leaves from them or you can choose to bring your own
tea leaves. My Grandpa obviously brings his own tea leaves ☺☺☺

You can also order pig stomach slices and pig intestines if you're into that
kind of stuff. I personally like the stomach slices only, not the intestines!

Yummeh! 

The shop has a few branches in other places but I always visit the Klang branch only. Anyway, this place has another plus point. If you go during the weekends, many people would anticipate a larger crowd but don't worry as there are extra parking under the bridge (which is directly next to the shop).

See? You can park many cars here. 

This is the side of the shop, where we always sit. The interior of the shop is
smaller than the outside hence, I think it is stuffy. I prefer to sit here where it
is cooler and nearer to our car. See that stairs in the picture? Yup, it leads to
the bridge above us!

Since this shop is famous, it has its own website. It is a pretty complete website, if you ask me. They even have a photo gallery to publicize the celebrities who came and tasted their Bak Kut Teh! Not bad huh?

For more information, click here for Seng Huat Bak Kut Teh website.

Location of the shop:

KLANG BRANCH
No.9, Jalan Besar, 41000 Klang
Selangor Daru Ehsan, Malaysia
Contact number: 012-309 8303 / 012-385 5154
Opens Daily from: 7.30am - 12.30pm
                           5.30pm -  8.30pm

This is really a must-try place if you're a Bak Kut Teh lover! You'll never regret it :D
Happy eatin' ☺

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment