Thursday, February 13, 2014

,

Spaghetti Aglio Olio

It's been quite some time since I last posted a recipe. To be honest, I didn't really have the mood to blog about anything as I was really busy with Chinese New Year. I did manage to cook some dishes during that period so I took some pictures while cooking and decided to save it for later. So, today I am going to post about my favourite pasta dish, Spaghetti Aglio Olio ♥


Ingredients:

1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 medium-sized garlic cloves
400g of spaghetti
3-4 chili padi
A sprinkle of black peppercorns
A few stalks of basil
Salt 

Click to read more!


STEP 1: BOIL THE SPAGHETTI

Boil about half a pot of water. When it boils, add in about 4 tablespoons of
salt. You can add a generous amount of salt here because this is the only
step where your pasta is going to get its salty taste. You won't be adding
salt anywhere after this. Add up to your preference.

Add 400g of pasta into the pot and let it boil for 8-10 minutes.
If you're not sure how long you're suppose to boil it, just look for the
packet instructions. It should be around the same duration as I've said.

STEP 2: PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS

These are all the ingredients that I used for this dish.

While the spaghetti is boiling, slice the garlic.

Slice the chili padi too. It will give the pasta a tinge of spiciness!
Very Asian... Malaysian. teehee!
PS: You can replace it with dried chilli or totally omit this spice if you want.

Pluck a few basil leaves and dice it finely. At the end, you should have
these 3 ingredients ready! By now, the spaghetti should be done so
it is time to drain them from the pot!

STEP 3: TIME TO START THE REAL COOKING!

Add in 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and heat it up.
Once hot enough, throw in all the garlic and let it fry on low heat until
all the garlic taste infuse into the oil. 

Add in the chili padi and fry a little more.

Lastly, add the drained spaghetti into the pan and turn off the heat.
Sprinkle some black pepper corns and also add in the diced basil leaves.
Mix the whole thing properly and it is ready to serve! YUMS ♥

Now, I must say that I almost always order a pasta dish whenever I enter a steakhouse, or a fusion cafe, or wherever that says they serve pasta on the menu. I really love them but I find that the price of a plate of pasta in any regular restaurant will always be overrated. Seriously, a plate of plain Aglio Olio would cost around RM 8.90 (the cheapest that I found) and they might not enough taste good enough for that price. To think that, it is only THIS EASY to make this yummy dish? With no complicated ingredients whatsoever.

TIME TO COOK YOUR OWN AGLIO OLIO, FOLKS!

Happy cookin' ☺ 

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment