Saturday, October 12, 2013

, ,

Egg-Drop Porridge with Seaweed for a Single Person Serving (Rice Cooker Recipe)

Woke up late today after dozing off for an evening nap, so I was lazy to go down to the cafeteria for dinner. Coincidentally, the cafeteria was also suppose to be serving porridge for dinner today... heehee! Anyway, I decided I should make my own porridge despite not having any extra ingredients except the left over eggs I had from making the egg mayo sandwich. Soooo, I created this egg-drop porridge tonight for dinner ☺


Ingredients:

3 soup spoons of uncooked white rice
1 large egg
450ml of water
Soy sauce
Pepper
Seasoned seaweed



STEP 1: WASH AND COOK THE PORRIDGE

This is the kind of soup spoon that I used. 

Rinse the rice once or until the water runs clear.

Add about 450ml of water.

Put the pot in the rice cooker and press the 'cook' button.
Ensure the bottom of the pot is dry before putting into the rice cooker.

STEP 2: WAIT FOR IT TO BOIL

When you can see the pot cover start to rise by itself, it means it is boiling.
Open the cover and allow more space for the heat to leave the pot.
This is to ensure the porridge does not overflow when you are not paying
attention to it. Leave it to boil for another 5-10 minutes before checking again.

STEP 3: CHECK ON YOUR PORRIDGE AND OCCASIONALLY STIR IT

If it is still in rice grain form, stir it well to prevent it from sticking to the
bottom of the pot. Leave it for another 5-10 minutes or until the water level
is reduced.

Once the rice grain form starts to disappear little by little, grab the ladle and
constantly stir your porridge to prevent it from sticking to the pot. This is
also to make your porridge smoother and thicker.

STEP 4: TIME TO ADD THE EGG!

Crack the egg and add it directly into the porridge. Quickly stir!

After a few stirs, you'll find that the egg has evened out in the porridge.
Giving you the egg-drop effect :P

STEP 5: SERVE IT UP AND GARNISH WITH SEAWEED!

Well, just to share, I used this Taste-Me soy sauce because it has the best taste for soy sauce (in my opinion anyway)! and yeah, I simply grabbed the seasoned seaweed I had with me and dumped it on my porridge. This is what happens when you ran out of proper ingredients, teehee!



Miraculously, seasoned seaweed with porridge tasted pretty darn good. Just take a piece seaweed and eat it with your porridge the next time and you'll know what I mean :D

Do leave a comment if you liked this simple recipe! It is also my first time making this porridge and I'll definitely cook them again someday.
Happy cookin' ☺

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment