Friday, October 30, 2015

, ,

Chicken Quesadillas

Hello everyone, it's been 5 months since my last blog update. How are all of you? Hope all of you are doing well.
I guess the long hiatus in my food blog was simply due to lack of inspiration and motivation in the last 5 months. I could not bring myself to check out interesting new recipes nor did I have the mood to cook anything a little more than simple. It was a dull period where I cooked only to eat... and I ate almost the same few things every day. Come to think of it now, I really have no idea what was going on during that time. I just felt so unmotivated. About 2 weeks ago, I made Chicken Quesadilla (inspired by a recipe I saw in one of my cookbooks) because I figured I had left over tortilla wraps anyway. Personally, I simplified the whole recipe into a really easy one because I do not have some of the ingredients as stated in the book. So today, I am going to share my version of this easy Chicken Quesadilla which is quite a good comfort food when you really need some TLC.



Ingredients: (Serves 1)

Tortilla wrap (any flavour) 1 piece
2 slices of Cheddar cheese
1 chicken breast about 120g, sliced
3 shitake mushrooms, sliced
1/4 of a big onion, sliced
10-15 spinach leaves
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes 1 tsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Dried basil leaves 1 tsp
Salt
Coarse black pepper


STEP 1: PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS

Sliced the chicken breast meat and put into a bowl.
Add in minced garlic, red pepper flakes, chilli powder, dried basil, salt and pepper.

Mix well and set aside.

Pluck the spinach leaves and clean thoroughly of all dirt! Soak it in water.
Slice the mushrooms and also the onion as shown above.


STEP 2: COOK THE FILLING

Heat a little oil in the pan and brown the onions.

Once the onions browns, add the sliced mushrooms.

Add the spinach and stir fry until the spinach leaves are just wilted.
Set aside in a separate plate.

While the pan is still hot, heat another round of oil.

Add in the marinated chicken slices and stir until it is properly cooked.

STEP 3: ASSEMBLE EVERYTHING INTO PLACE!

Place a piece of tortilla wrap on a plate (or any clean flat surface).
Grab one slice of cheese, tear it apart, spread it over half the surface of the wrap.
Top the cheese layer with the cooked chicken.

Next, top the chicken layer with the stir fried mushrooms and spinach.

Grab the 2nd slice of cheese, tear it, and spread it above the spinach layer
as shown above.

Fold the empty half of tortilla wrap over the other half like this!
Now it is time to cook it!

STEP 4: TIME TO MELT THE CHEESE!

Heat the pan again and place the tortilla wrap on one side like above.
Brown the tortilla under medium high heat for about 5 mins.
Be careful not to burn it, we just want to melt the cheese!

Flip the tortilla over and brown the other side.
See, the other side has a beautiful brown tinge already :D

STEP 5: CUT AND SERVE!

Cut it up and the gooey cheese will flow out :P
I served it with butterhead lettuce and tomato salad! :)

YUMS ☺

Hope you like this easy recipe after such a long time!
Happy cookin' ☺









Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment