Saturday, January 17, 2015

, , ,

Simple Paratha Wrap

Saturday morning and I woke up hell'a early just because I couldn't sleep in any later. Damn... I think I am aging. Since I woke up so early in the morning, I figured I probably should fix a good breakfast for myself. I probably hadn't make a nice breakfast for myself in months just because weekday mornings are too much of a rush and I like to have noodles from the hawker stalls on weekend mornings. Few weeks back, I bought frozen paratha's from Tesco because they were finally on promotion! Still, they cost RM 5 per package and that's equivalent to RM 1 just for a plain piece of paratha. Hence, I still think they are pricey despite being on sale. (heh! me trying to be frugal :P) Initially, I wanted to make it into a paratha roll and slice it up so that I get two pretty rolls for breakfast. Unfortunately, as always, I overestimated my ingredients and I was not able to roll it up. Well, that's okay since I decided to just fold it into two and call it a wrap ☺☺☺


Ingredients:
1 plain paratha
1 small tomato (sliced)
2-3 leaves from butterhead lettuce
1 frankfurter sausage
1 egg (beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper)
Sriracha sauce

Click 'read more' to check out the recipe!


STEP 1: PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS

This is the frozen paratha that I used.
Remember NOT to defrost it before frying otherwise it will become too sticky.

STEP 2: FRY THE PARATHA, EGG AND SAUSAGE

When you remove one piece from the package, you will notice there are two
plastic layers covering the frozen paratha. Remove both plastic layers.

Heat a frying pan and DO NOT add any oil.
Place the paratha into the pan and fry at medium heat.

Ensure both sides of the paratha is golden brown and the insides are properly
cooked before removing the paratha from the pan. Set aside for later use.

Next, using the same pan, just add some oil and add in the beaten egg.
Fry the egg, ensuring that it remains in a pancake shape like above.
Remove and set aside when both sides are golden brown.
Add a little bit more oil into the pan and then fry the sausage too.

STEP 3: ASSEMBLE THE INGREDIENTS

Place the paratha on a clean flat surface (I just used a plate)

Top the paratha with the fried egg.

Next, arrange some lettuce on to the paratha. 
Then, arrange some tomato slices on to the lettuce.

Lastly, add the fried sausage.

STEP 4: WRAP IT UP!

Fold the paratha into half. You can press it a little bit if it doesn't stay wrapped.

Lastly, squeeze on some Sriracha sauce and the paratha wrap is good to go!
Honestly, it doesn't have to be Sriracha sauce. Any sauce you like will do, such
as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard sauce, etc. You can have a mixture of sauces too!

Hope you all like this simple recipe! My paratha wrap turned out to be really spicy because of the Sriracha sauce, but I like it that way :D

Happy cookin' ☺

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment