Tuesday, November 11, 2014

,

One Whole Tomato Rice [一个番茄饭] [Rice Cooker recipe]

Hello, I finally found the time to blog again! Since I am having dinner alone tonight, I've finally made this whole tomato rice which is all the craze now. Truth to be told, it is VERY EASY to make this meal and it did not taste as yucky as I thought it would be. Nope, it turned out to be quite yummy considering I only used such simple ingredients.



Ingredients: (Serves about 1.5 medium sized bowls of rice)

1 medium size tomato
1 cup of rice
2 medium size dried mushrooms
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sesame oil
Pepper
Water

Click to read more!


STEP 1: PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS

Soak or boil (to be faster) the dried mushrooms until they are soft enough to be
sliced. Then, just slice them thinly as shown above.

Remove the top stem of the tomato.

Remove the bottom stem of the tomato too. 

STEP 2: COOK THE RICE

Rinse the rice twice and add the normal amount of water that is required to
 cook one cup of rice. (Differs between rice cookers)

Add in the salt, sesame oil and also some pepper. Mix well.

Put the whole tomato into the center of the rice pot.


Scatter the sliced mushrooms at the side of the tomato.
Close the lid and press 'cook'.

STEP 3: MIX AND SERVE HOT!


Tadaa! This is how it looks like when it is done! It smells really good
when I just open the lid ☺

Smash the tomato and mix well with the cooked rice. Remember to serve
while it is hot! I ate this tomato rice with a few slices of salted pork which
my grandfather had preserved for me. SIMPLY YUMMY! ♥ 

Hope you all like this tutorial! I just had to try it myself since everyone is talking about it now! hehehe.

Happy cookin' ☺


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment