Wednesday, June 4, 2014

, ,

Assam Fish [Rice Cooker Recipe]

Hello! I've been out for a long looong time with no updates at all since I was really busy the past few months. I had multiple exams, went for a long holiday, and had some personal issues to settle so I really had not much time left to cook something. It is my study break now before I head on to my final exams at the end of June, so I'm taking a little spare time off my study to update this blog again. Today, I'm gonna be sharing how I make Assam Fish using my little rice cooker :D


Ingredients:
About 500-600g of ikan tenggiri (Spanish Mackeral)
2 large potatoes
2 large tomatoes
6 pieces of lady fingers
1 medium sized eggplant
1 packet of assam fish paste
200ml of water



STEP 1: PREPARE ALL THE INGREDIENTS

Peel and cut up the potatoes into thin slices. Next, cut up the lady fingers
into small pieces. 


Fill a bowl with water and soak the lady finger pieces in it for awhile. 

Cut the medium sized eggplant into small pieces.

Put them into the water too.

Slice up the tomatoes and set aside.

Wash your fish, and then chop them up into slices as shown above.
I bought the tail piece from the market so it was already chopped up for me.

You can wash separate pieces again if you like. Then, set it aside.

STEP 2: BOIL THE PASTE

This is the assam paste that I used. Honestly, I just simply chose one off the rack.

Cut open the sealed packaging inside and squeeze the contents out into the
rice cooker pot. 

Add in about 200ml of water, then press the 'COOK' button. Stir it to dissolve
the paste gradually.  Close the lid once it has been properly dissolved.

When it boils, you're ready to put your fish in. 

STEP 3: ADD IN THE FISH

Add in the fish and close the lid. Let it cook for about 5-10 minutes. 

STEP 4: ADD IN THE VEGETABLES

After 5-10 minutes, add in the tomatoes. Gently mix it about with a ladle.
Be careful not to smash the fish pieces as they are now easily broken.

Then, add in all the vegetables. Mix it a little before closing the lid again.

Let it boil for about another 15 minutes and we're done!

STEP 5: SERVE!

As I was going to bring it to somewhere else, I put all of it into a big
plastic tupperware :D It was our dinner for the night! So filling!

Do leave a comment if you liked this recipe :)
It wasn't that hard, right?

Happy cookin' ☺


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment